Sunday, March 26, 2017

iPHONE X CAMERA REVIEW - Lok tests all the new features of the Apple iPhone X camera

iPHONE X CAMERA REVIEW - Lok tests all the new features of the Apple iPhone X camera

Image source: https://cdn.cultofmac.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/truedepth-camera-1.jpg

I happened to be in London. I don't
come to London just to get the iPhone 10. But I just happened to be in London. See
the thing is, if I stay in Hong Kong...

I won't get it for after like a few weeks
because in Hong Kong.. Everyone is getting it for resell. I'm
getting it from Carphone warehouse. Carphone Warehouse is a shop in UK and
as the name suggested they probably from the 80s when...

Carphone was the smartphone at that time. Thank you! Well well well the box will be all the same. All the contents will be all the same... ...But this has to be done! Let's do it! We are going to focus on photography -  the camera off the phone,  but I probably ...Still should go through some of the  biggest changes on the phone quickly.

So of course one of the biggest new flash trick is a face ID recognition. Recognition of your face to unlock the phone. It use 'whatever-million' dots to project it on the face.... ...Actually forget all that
information! That's for geeks like me to think about but what does it really do
in real life? So first, of course, it recognizes you
just like that.

What about on the table? What?! Oh..... Really? I have to do that every
single time? With my old phone I always unlock it just like that Oh my god, that's a bit disappointing. In the dark... No problem.

One of the best things is that if you are wearing gloves... ...It works with Face ID. So it works most of the time. You don't really have to hold it up to
your face every single time The only thing I miss is unlocking it when it is on the table just like touch ID.

Gone is the home button -  you are relying on new
gesture control. Actually, getting used to those gesture controls actually I think they are pretty intuitive. Now what we really care about
the camera! You used to only get two lenses with the 'Plus' size iPhone, but now the
iPhone X err... IPhone ten..

Has got it in the body not much bigger than the smaller iPhone
8. With the tele lens macro shots are surprisingly good. 'That's really close with the tele lens' Wow even the tele lens has got optical image
stabilisation. Previously on iphone 7 only the...

...Wide-angle lens has optical image
stabilization After a whole year, the portrait mode works really quite well Auto white balance really does a great
job especially different light source in... ...This photo mixed together. As I mentioned in my iPhone 8 review, the portrait... ...Lighting effects I really only find the
studio effect useful - the other stuff...

...Just a bit weird. I've actually not too much
of a trouble reaching the top of the phone Like if I want to tap HDR, actually its fine, kind of,  but of
course it's easier than the iPhone 8 Plus iPhone 8 Plus you are like 'urrrghhh urrghh' In my opinion the portrait mode works best when the ... ...Effect is so natural rather than a crazy
amount of blurriness. Of course I have to try slow-motion and I come to this skate park! Just like the iPhone 8, the 10 can now do 240 FPS in Full HD.

If you slow it down to 24 fps that's one tenth of the speed. Now I'm in Camden Town, in Camden Lock... Oh hang on.... Its the Mad Hatter! With the help of face ID Sensor, the front-facing camera now can now do portrait mode as well...

... But not as good as the rear facing camera, but then my head got a little bit blurred out. Now this is the rear facing camera... Hello cyclist.

Light I'm inside a car Night time in a car without any lighting is  comparable with many real cameras like from a couple... ... Of years ago. The same goes to still image quality and these are all handheld shots.

You can always find a phone takes better
photos than iPhone, but a new iPhone is... ...Always a guarantee as one of the best. So for everyone lucky enough to get one... ...Enjoy it as much as you can because
there will be an even better one coming...

...Out in less than a year from now..